The Yoga of Walking
Walking is a Reservoir of Well Being.
- Walking is naturally pleasurable and satisfying. We evolved to be a walking species.
- Walking can be done without sustaining injury or needing recovery time.
- Walking improves circulation, digestion, respiration and cuts the risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Walking Strengthens bone and muscle increasing your ability to maintain strength and balance
- Walking sooth our minds and gives us perspective
- Walking helps balance the nervous system
- Walking offers an ordinary but deeply sensual expression of being alive.
But what if walking doesn’t feel as easy and natural as it used to? The Yoga of Walking can help you:
- Walk longer distance, faster and more comfortably
- Relieve soreness, stiffness, aching or pain associated with walking
- Relieve joints of tenderness and inflammation
- Eliminate the need to recover from non strenuous walking
- Eliminate distress and antagonisms between your lower back, hips, knees and feet.
- Improve your gait.
- Make walking your long term exercise
- Strengthen bones and muscles through walking
- Bring mindfulness to your walking
- Allow the natural intelligence of movement arise and govern your strides.
Join me and come to a Yoga of Walking Clinic!
You will learn new ways of moving that will help you glide with ease. Best of all, your body will gently incorporate these movements leaving your mind free.
Register for the Walking Clinic:
The next walking clinic is October 8. Cost is $69 if registered by October 1 $79 afterwards
Yoga of Walking Clinic
Want to know the secret to easy, fluid walking and gliding joints?
The Yoga of walking takes you out of faulty habits by taking you back to our evolutionary and developmental beginnings. The good news is that simply and very pleasurably you can revisit the movements and create a new level of comfort, ease and function.
What Past Participants Have Said:
Dramatic Change…After taking Donna’s three hour walking clinic my walking changed dramatically. My stride became much less of an effort, and much more fluid. I’ve been out walking in my neighborhood and now I can walk confidently through the grocery store without the aid of the cart I had been using. Thank you for helping me. – Beverly Ann Asterly, South Hadley, MA
Enjoying Walking Again…Overall your workshop has really changed my walking habits, which I now find MUCH more enjoyable. I walk smoother with more hip swing. But the biggest thing for me is that as soon as I remember how to lead, I can feel my whole back, butt and just overall body relax, and it is all so much easier and more fluid. I was showing my kids the difference and was reverting back to my older, much more tense walking style and we all could see a big difference. Thank you!! –Leslie Dunham, Amherst
Less Pain for Me and For You…I’m a runner, walker, and Pilates instructor. After a bit too much of all three, I had some nagging hip pain, especially after long (and much loved) long walks. Wanting a fresh set of eyes and a different, yet experienced perspective, I signed up for Donna’s walking clinic. Yes, a walking clinic…bio-mechanically there is a lot to know, people. Between that and a private session to address my particular issues (including homework), I’ve been pain-free for weeks now…even after walking about 20+ miles around Montreal recently. Donna’s approach is subtle, but she really sees how your particular body works and helps you create more organized movement. That means less pain for you. Kara Snyder, Vital Corps Wellness
“I attended one of Donna’s walking clinics and learned a lot about how to walk with more ease and less pain. She really impressed me with her incredible knowledge of the human body and its mechanics. I subsequently attended private sessions with Donna to prepare for a vacation that involved a lot of walking. Thanks to our work together, I walked all over Venice, hiked the walls of Dubrovnik and scaled the Acropolis pain-free. Her teaching has stayed with me, resulting in easier walking and even better sleep.” – Amy Woolf, AWCOLOR, Northampton, MA