Individualized Yoga Therapy and Movement Therapy
- Would you like move more easily?
- Can you imagine having good posture without strain or effort?
- Do you want to experience the possibility of aging without chronic pain?
- Are there changes you want to make in your life?
If you are facing any difficulty or feel stuck in how you move, I get it. I know it’s a stressful time.
I also know that you can:
- Meet life with comfort, resilience, and fluidity in your body, mind, and emotions.
- Feel more secure, energetic, and confident in your daily activities.
- Eliminate body habits that interfere with your ability to feel relaxed, confident, or capable.
- Transform your life from your body. Through somatic change you create a options and changes in your way of being that let you accomplish what you want!
I offer a gentle, non-intrusive, and respectful approach to achieving easier movement and repatterning. My clients report feeling more confident and comfortable in their skin. They relieve strain, stress and pain while also gaining mental and emotional flexibility.
It’s not unusual for clients to report resolution of long-term patterns in their lives and their bodies.
I’ll give you some easy-to-apply practices that will move you into resolutions. You will go at your own pace. This can create lasting and deep benefits helping you overcome pain, anxiety, injury, pressure, or environmental stress.
Our work together will also have a positive impact on your personal well-being, relationships with others, and ability to move forward in your life on your own terms. Through one-in-one work involving dialogue and coaching, I will help you make changes in your life based on the changes you make in your body. You will develop more trust in yourself and your choices.
“Through her vast experience, thorough knowledge of anatomy, and ability to observe, explain, and demonstrate, she brought about awareness of my movement patterns and improvement to them, completely eliminating a history of chronic pain.”
Lasting and beneficial change is achievable—but it is a process. According to the UK Behavior Research Center, changing a behavior generally takes at least 66 days of consecutive action. Regaining strength, function, and bodily integrity takes time, attention, and ongoing support.
It’s hard to predict how long change may take as we are all individuals. But generally people find the changes happen in the time frames below.
To help you make lasting changes, I have designed three options:
- Confidence and Comfort (three-month program)
- Habit Transformation (six months)
- New Changes Take Deep Root (nine months)
Private lessons are held in Northampton or Hadley.
- Find relief from pain and body-stress issues that have plagued you for some time.
- Begin to experience true relaxation. (Do you remember what that is?)
- Unwind unconscious habits that have kept limitations in place.
- Experience having energy that arises from a calm, composed place.
12 consecutive weeks of hour long sessions (three months) / $989
“Donna creates a safe container for me to profoundly deepen my own experience of embodiment.” —Eowyn Allstrom, yoga teacher
Many people need more than three months in order to create sustained change. It’s easy to go back to old habits without a support system. Six months provides it. Sign up for six months—two sessions are as good as free:
- Get the ongoing support you need to stabilize new and better habits.
- Transform your old stress into new energy.
- Feel competence and capability in activities you previously avoided.
- Make limiting movement habits a thing of your past
24 consecutive weeks of hour long sessions (six months) / $1,899
“I feel more confident, more comfortable in my skin, and more at home with myself. Working with her has transformed aspects of my life I never even anticipated.” —Sara Sloan, therapist
In addition to the achievements in the six-month program, you will:
- Find previous aspirations become second nature.
- Have the energy and enthusiasm to tackle some of the things you feel most resistant to.
- Enjoy resilience and the ability to move in ways you hadn’t felt were possible.
- Make self-care a reflex!
32 consecutive weeks of hour long sessions (nine months) / $2,499
“Donna is helping me see that life really can be more comfortable and easier than I had imagined.” —Sally Popper, therapist
Are you interested but not sure?
One-time discovery sessions are available for $110. These discovery sessions help you assess if now is the time for you to enroll in this process of creating grace, integrity, and ease in your body and mind. Also, some people choose the option of paying per lesson. Contact me for rates.