Continuing Education Programs for Yoga Teachers and Others Working with Neurological Issues
10 CEU Credits for 200- and 500-hour Registered Yoga Teachers
- What? A six-session experiential training for yoga teachers, healing arts practitioners, and others working with neurological issues, injuries, and disease—including Parkinson’s disease, stroke, dementia, brain injuries, and sensory processing and nervous system imbalances.
- Why? Acquire skills to help you be a more effective therapist and teacher. This program helps people reach for their highest. I am not just teaching you techniques and information—it’s about facilitating a healing process.
- Who? Practitioners and care givers who use yoga or body movement with individuals who have neurological challenges. This course is great for yoga teachers, movement therapists, healing arts practitioners, caregivers, and counselors who touch.
You will come away with more clarity and confidence in these essential areas:
Nonverbal Communication Skills
- Read the body and communicate with it via touch, visualization, and sensory stimulation. Move beyond difficulties in verbal and cognitive communication.
- Feel what is going on when a client is unable to articulate the levels of stress and pain they are experiencing.
- Bring your clients a connection to their humanity beyond disease.
- Communicate respect for the humanity of the person you are working with by feeling the needs of the body/mind through your hands.
- Touch with a listening quality and incorporate it when physically directing a client.
- Give clients a sensory assurance of the profound respect and caring you offer them.
- Gain valuable information about their asana needs and modifications.
Choosing Asana and Movements for Neurological Maladies
- Determine which approaches to asana and functional movement are appropriate for different issues.
- Learn asana and functional movement adaptations that work.
- Learn how to optimize rest and energy in each session and for each person.
Moving with Your Intuition
- Relax into your being so that you can drop worry and trust in your value as an instructor and guide.
- When you work one-on-one with people facing such challenges, they open up to you. How do you handle that openness? How do you remain compassionate and present when your fears get triggered?
Finding Your Authentic Voice
- Speak to communicate your own comfort and confidence.
- Radiate intrinsic confidence in your speech.
- Find the communication ability that motivates others to get behind your vision and hire you.
I help people develop these skills in an individual program that includes:
- Six in-person 1.5 hour sessions
- Guided homework
- Availability for brief phone consults in between our sessions
6 weeks / $1,700
I can offer concentrated study for those traveling to see me.
Yoga Teachers Coaching
Many people start with a one-hour discovery session to gain clarity about what is needed in their practice and to see if this program is a good fit. A discovery session helps you understand where you can go from here! $140.